Scratch Orgs & Integration With Salesforce DX
Salesforce DX provides an integrated, end-to-end life cycle designed for high-performance agile development. New paradigms, tools, and technologies aid developers throughout the complete application development process.
Flosum is completely integrated with Salesforce DX. Any innovation from Salesforce DX can be leveraged from the Flosum application. Flosum makes it the adoption of Salesforce DX easier and provides a complete application development experience.
Through deep integration with Salesforce DX, Flosum allows you to set up developer environments that will be ready and waiting for your team to get started in just three steps:
- Scratch Orgs: Create scratch orgs quickly based on various parameters from Flosum without needing to use the command line. You can store configuration parameters and reuse them to create new orgs as needed.
- Unmanaged Packages: Once the scratch orgs are created, you can push unmanaged packages into them. This forms a baseline and ensures that developers are working on the most up-to-date code base.
- Populate Data in Scratch Orgs: Once developer sandboxes are created, you can use the Data Migrator to populate those sandboxes with data.
In addition to making setup easy, Flosum also helps you support continued development:
- Pull Changes From Scratch Orgs: Once the changes are finalized in the scratch orgs, Flosum can pull those changes and commit them back to the repository. Other articles describe this process in detail.
- Continuous Integration & Deployment: Once the changes are available in the version control system, they can be deployed to target organizations as needed.
Flosum supports the entire application process through tight integration with Salesforce DX.